Friday, December 29, 2006

How to get good heads


So I became obsessed this week about sculpting and painting doll heads. Pretty Doll Heads (hey what a great girl band name don't ya think?) anyway...decent looking doll heads are the most challenging part of a cloth doll and the most important. I know, because I've made a few freakish damned dolls with fat crooked lips that take away from their whole "cool art doll" image. So I resolved to whip up a bunch of heads and go to town until two or three dollfaces were at least "attractive" by art doll standards. BTW you cannot rip out sculpting if you perform a bad nose job. The head just has to live with it. Make a pindoll out of it and move on.

4 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

How about making a bunch of "bad" heads, really bad heads, and stringing them together in a necklace?

SeamRippstress said...

Yes, I think my doll club ladies would get a kick out of that! I can join them with bad doll hands.

Susan said...

LOL! You GO girl! We all have those heads... and who said they all have to be pretty anyway?

SeamRippstress said...

What up homie Susan! Pretty is as pretty does. AND if i stick with headless dressforms, who needs heads! : )