Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Lutradur and Lace

The newest online zine for fiber, paper, mixed media maniacs Fibre & Stitch is LOADED with step-by-step innovative fibre and mixed media techniques! Like this lutradur & lace technique made with scraps of cotton lace, lutradur, and scrim (a glamorous name for cheesecloth) I had so much fun laying elements out and going Luminier paint crazy with this one. The fabric makes lovely postcards, book covers, elegant bags and who knows what else. I needed postcards to catch up pcs for swaps and this makes lovely cards! Carol is an F&S artist and shares her wonderful technique in the premier issue.F&S is full of Free Projects like the one I really want to make next..... Mag's Flexi Bag! Lutradur and lace may be too stiff for that project but www.textiletales.blogspot.com gives other Beautiful bag projects in F&S to make with Lutradur & Lace. The full piece before I fashioned postcards from it. I will be making much more of this!


Love it!


12 comments:

BumbleVee said...

This looks like one more interesting thing to try....sigh....does it ever end with us?

You made a beautiful piece....

Micki said...

Your pieces are beautiful. You did a fantastic job.

Angela said...

Your lutrador and lace postcards are beautiful!

Julie said...

These postcards are beautiful. So many projects, so little time! lol

Unknown said...

Your L&L piece is beautiful Elaine,

Terri Stegmiller said...

I love the colors you got in your L&L piece and the postcards are very lovely! So glad you are enjoying the zine.

Susan Schrott, Artist said...

elaine..you are the most prolific woman I know...do you sleep...love your new haircut...glad you are going to start the Tree of Life. I can't wait to see it..i know that whatever you do it will be fantastic.
xoxoxosusan

Anonymous said...

I love the postcards you made from the challenge. I will have to try that when I get my piece finished.
Beautiful!!!
Doreen Kinkade

Dianne said...

The colours on this piece are pretty scrumptious!!

Candy Schultz said...

There is just way too much stuff around to play with. Is this like angelina fiber? It looks similar.

Nikki said...

I love the colors and textures. An inspiration. Where will I ever find the time. Do you think the family will mind if I take the next month off?

Sabine K. said...

Your experiments look very interesting. Especially the colours. I have to try it too.
Do you want to change an ATC with me?