Monday, March 05, 2007

Shiny Happy Pin Doll in Progress

One of my many practice doll heads resting among pretty petals stitched with Ricky Timms metallic threads through the bobbin. The stringie things are hand felted somethings that will be put to a specific/undetermined use. Cloth Paper Scissors offered a great article this month on fabric flower bouquets so I'm turning that into something I need by Friday! I'm optimistic that she'll become a lovely pin doll for a beloved Material Girl this weekend at our doll retreat in La Grange., TX. The theme is "all natural" and I could have made a naked hippie doll swinging from a river rope...but nah....I'm going with Spring flowers! Be sure that the finished flower girl will be posted before I leave for sewing Nirvana this weekend. No Internet connection in the woods??? Now that's roughing it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that article was a good one too. What a great idea to use the petals in a pin doll.

Terri Stegmiller said...

I can just picture that doll head right in the center of some flower petals. I hope you share your finished project.

Doreen G said...

Now that's what I call a "Doll Face" and she looks like she really enjoys life(or will when she is finished that is)
Can't wait to see her all "dolled" up

Dianne said...

Have a great weekend!! Loving those petals, and what a gorgeous face!!

Miriam said...

I LOVE HER.