Sunday, January 28, 2007

Chocolat Centerfold in Art Doll Quarterly!!!!!

Click on to actually Read Mary's Article!


Yesterday my daughter and I wandered into Texas Art Supply looking for a few dyeing supplies (...ew and I found some Lutradur for $9 per giant roll yard). ANYWAY, I picked up the latest "Art Doll Quarterly" issue for the first time ever. I went about my evening of dyeing silk and velvets and at bedtime reading I'm casually thumbing through the pages, admiring the fabulous artist's dolls.... when WHAT to my flickin amazement....CHOCOLAT! I know that DOLL!!!! That's my friend MARY'S chocolate wrapper collage doll in a 3-page spread...all glammed out!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS Mary on Chocolat and for another published article of your amazing work and your ability to make art out of ANYTHING. You are so famous.

2 comments:

Faith said...

Isnt this gorgeous I didnt realise there were beautiful handmade dolls too. I loved the dyed fabrics in your other blogs they bring out the rainbow in you!

Elle said...

It's always fun when you recognize a friend's work in a magazine!